I was recently on HULU and discovered their documentary features.  Gosh, I am behind on technology.  I have been on a documentary kick for the past few months now.  I don't know whether it's the extreme subject of them, like 24 Hours on Craigslist, or the honesty and vulnerabilty that draws me in.  I recommend at least checking them out, even if you aren't a documentary fan.  This past weekend, I watched Waste Land, a 2011 Oscar Nominated film about an artist who travels to the worlds largest landfill in Brazil.  People pick through the trash and find recyclables that can be sold for money.  An artist, Vic Muniz creates portraits of these "pickers" and sells them for thousands of dollars to give back to them.  Let me tell you, I cried and thank goodness the waterproof mascara worked.  Anygay, I present today the work of photographer James Mollison.  These photos are from a book of his called Where Children Sleep.  I bet you can guess which is my favorite...if you can't, I will tell you:  The Beauty Queen.  What a bitch!

Over and Out,
GingerQueer